Metabolic Syndrome Risks
Most people probably do not know what Metabolic Syndrome is. It is not a disease. It is an indicator of the potential for diabetes.
One in Three American adults have it. That is more than 90,000,000 Americans.
Nearly 50% of adults over the of 50 are affected.
So what is it?
Again, it is an indicator of problems to come. Here is the criteria.
1. If your midsection measures of 35 inches (female) or 40 inches (male) or your BMI is 30+
2. Your Triglycerides measure over 150
3. Your HDL (good Cholesterol) is less than 50 (female) or 40 (male)
4. Your blood pressure exceeds 130/85
5. Your blood sugar measures over 100.
Any one of these is not good. But if you have 3 or more you have Metabolic Syndrome.
Check back to find out what to do if you have Metabolic Syndrome.